This is another quick recipe for busy mom. I cook this Sweet and Sour Chicken from left over Oven fried chicken.
You can also use Non-fried crispy chicken or any left over fried chicken.
Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 6-8 pieced left over fried Chicken Non-fried crispy chicken or Oven fried chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 mushroom chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- ¼ bell pepper chopped
- 6-8 snow pea option blanched
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 4 Rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Rice Syrup
- Chop all vegetable bite size
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. saute vegetables in the oil.
- Add Fried Chicken and saute.
- Add Ingredients [A] and simmer away until most of sauce is absorbed.
When making Sweet and Sour Chicken at home, it’s important to understand its nutritional information. This dish is high in protein from the chicken, and the combination of pineapple, sugar, and vinegar provide the sweetness and sourness that make the dish so popular.
Sweet and Sour Chicken can be served with a variety of accompaniments. Popular choices include steamed white rice, fried rice, noodles, and vegetables. To make the dish even more flavorful, try adding bell peppers, garlic, and onions.
Tips and Tricks:
There are many tips and tricks for making Sweet and Sour Chicken that can help you make the best dish possible. Some of these include marinating the chicken before cooking, using fresh pineapple, and adding a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce.